Friday, June 13, 2008

Part 3

I'm alone again. You never quite know just how insane people are until you see them in the library. It must be the booky air that brings the pshyco out in them. Kids run around screaming, parents become dar and menacing figures willing to eat their kids if it means for them to be quiet and it seems that every guy who comes in over 50 looks at you creepily. I still love it though. Though... who came up with that word? "Hey! Check out this word I made! It's called...tho!" "Tho... not lettery enough. Lets throw a u in there." "Um... okay..." "Still not right. Try an h." "Whatever you say..." "So... thouh? Hmm. Fuck it, lets throw a g in there, just to fuck with em'." Wow. That was off topic.

Andyway, I still love the library, despite psyco homeschool moms who only let their children read Dr. Seuss, whether they are 5 or 27. It's got this friendly vibe to it. It's like it's always drunk, but it never quite goes into the "beating you with toasters" stage of drunkeness. It's always that pleasent, whistful, sweet stage of drunk. God, that analogy sucked.

Gillian walks up to me. "Give me twenty bags." She says, matter-of-factly. As I'm grabbing them, I ask why. "Because I need to sign up a bunch of teens for summer reading at the boys and girls club. Don't question orders." I laugh and continue grabbing bags. she takes them and walks out of the door.

Something I've noticed; why are all teenagers these days eight feet tall and weigh 896 pounds? Not in the fat way, just in the pure hugeness of them. They look like the "I'MA FIRIN' MAH LAZER!" guy. Okay. Stop with the odd tangents. Focus. Focus Fox!

Okay, we're good. So now that she's gone, I'm free to amuse myself. I grab two rubber bugs from the jar. "I'm Mr. Spider!" I say. "I'm Mr. Centipede" I reply. "Gosherootie, it sure is a nice day, Mr. Spider...... Mr. Spider...... Hello?" ".........I'MA GONNA EAT YA!" "Noooooooooooo! Think of all them little babies!" "....You're right, Mr. Centipede. I'll never eat another bug as long as I live." "Really?" "No. NOM NOM NOM NOM" I swear to god that was all true.

No comments: